Want to learn how to make perfume? Want to find perfume making supplies or suppliers? Want to find out about the perfume industry? This is the perfume diy resource and you’re in the right place.
The first list is a mixed bag of other perfumer sites or blogs that I find inspiring as well as educational. The second is a list I’ve put together of suppliers I’ve either used in the past, have gotten a great tip on or that I’ve added to my “to get” list. I’ll do my best to add notes along with the links to help you to decide before sourcing your materials.
Please leave a comment if you’ve found a source you think we should know about!
Links to educate and inspire the perfumer:
Where to get perfume supplies: currently not in alphabetical order, at some point, perhaps…
- White Lotus Aromatics – small volume supplier of top quality essential oils, CO2, and absolutes. Great service! – USA
- Eden Botanicals – small volume supplier of top quality essential oils, CO2, and absolutes. They also do sampler packs of expensive raw materials like Rose so that you can evaluate them before investing ooodles. – USA
- Hermitage Oils – small volume supplier of top quality essential oils, CO2, absolutes and natural isolates. He does wholesale also! – UK, Australia, USA
- Floracopeia – small volume supplier of top quality essential oils, CO2, and absolutes, with a focus on aromatherapy. They have some wonderful aged Patchouli and interesting odds and bits. – USA
- Bristol Botanicals – small volume supplier of top quality essential oils, CO2, and absolutes – great source for citruses! – UK
- Hekserij – small volume supplier of essential oils, CO2, and absolutes. They have the site in English and Dutch with a price list in both languages. They sell raw materials in various forms that you can start tincturing with. – NL
- Perfumer’s Apprentice – small volume supplier of essential oils, CO2, absolutes AND synthetics! As well they are the distributor of some fabulous natural raw materials from distiller John Steele and they also sell a limited selection of perfume making supplies – USA
- Aqua Oleum – small volume supplier of essential oils, CO2, and absolutes with a focus on aromatherapy oils – UK
- Olfactik – small volume supplier of mainly synthetics but also essential oils, CO2, and absolutes. The great thing about them is you can search their products by odour, family and you can get starter kits – UK
- Ambergris New Zealand – buy Ambergris to tincture or sell it to them if you think you’ve been blessed enough to have found some knocking about a beach – NZ
- Ambergris Tincture – or, if you’re the impatient sort, buy your Ambergris already tinctured and aged here. – NZ
- Alambica – small to mid volume supplier of top quality essential oils, CO2, and absolutes – CH
- Perfumer Supply House – USA, small quantities, from 5gr to 200gr, of some very interesting and hard to find synthetics
- Sunrise Botanicals – Canada. I’ve never used them but they seem quite professional; more geared to aromatherapy and less for perfumery but a nice assortment of items.
- Healing Hollow – Canada. Again, I’ve never used them.
- Liaison Carbone – Germany. Some great, hard to find ACs and naturals and great customer service. If something is sold out, send Rebekka an email asking for a paid sample and she’ll do her best to get it to you.
- Perfumer Supply House – USA, great online resource for hard to find ACs in small quantities. Best of all Christine offers some Robertet sample kits, yeah! Also great customer service and generous samples with purchase.
- Pell Wall – UK. Chris Bartlett offers a wide range of ACs and some good naturals for those of us needing to source small quantities here in the EU. Good customer service and generous samples with purchase.
- Base Formula – I get all my scent strips from here. – UK
- Better Equipped – test tubes, disposable and glass pipettes, filter paper, beakers and anything science lab related.
- Ampulla – bottles, vials, jars. Based in the UK but all over EU